Sweden

Sweden

Friday, January 13, 2012

Family History

Last semester, I had a Scandinavian Family History class where I learned many interesting tips for performing family history research in one country or area - I chose Sweden.

While I knew I had ancestors from Scandinavia, I was not very aware of specifically where and for how many generations. This class allowed me to explore my roots and perform specific research for a three-generation family in Sweden. From my experiences in that class, I want to share with my readers some of the basic information needed to make research as easy as possible. While the information I will provide may not cover all aspects of family history research, they will cover the areas I learned about most in this class.

For background information, check out this Wikipedia site to read all about Sweden. Also, a great resource for Swedish Family History is the FamilySearch Wiki page for Sweden.

Here's a picture my family took while visiting Sweden.

I hope you enjoy reading about Swedish research and stay tuned for new updates. For easy viewing and to save time checking for updates, subscribe to my website! Also, I would love to hear my from viewers and will happily accept any tips, advice, or feedback.

Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Melanie, I did my Scandinavian research in Denmark and I am anxious to follow your trek through Sweden. This site has a nice clean look to it. Good job! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your topic is spot on. So many people hardly know where to start researching this area. A good friend of mine just hired someone because it was too confusing. I'm glad you are sharing some of your experiences!

    ReplyDelete